Monday 2 October 2023

Walk Barefoot

I walk barefoot as much as possible and every day someone is commenting on why I don't have any shoes. Here in Nepal it's a sign of not having enough money to buy shoes when you walk barefoot, but they can clearly see that I can afford a pair, so it's a big mystery for the people I met, why I actively choose not to wear any.

I explain to each person who I met, who are genuinely curious to know why I walk barefoot, that I want to connect with Mother Earth and I even encourage them to try it sometimes. 

A couple of weeks ago a met a young man who's grandfather had the same philosophy regarding walking barefoot, so it's an ancient knowledge that has been lost over the years.

If you think about it. How good is it to walk on plastic soles all day, disconnecting with the earth we are born to live on?

You don't have to be as extreme as I am, walking without shoes everywhere. Just take them off sometimes and feel the different textures under your feet. Get grounded and absorb the positive energies Mother Earth is so generously sending out for anyone ready to accept them.

"Pain you choose, will only make you stronger", as a wise woman once said.



Walking on gravel will make you think. How do I balance my way through the less painful path? So walking barefoot will also activate your brain,


When you are barefoot you can give a cute street dog a relaxing foot massage.

Click here to find out how you can crochet barefoot sandals.


No comments:

Post a Comment