Thursday 23 November 2023

Toothpaste

When I grew up we had a fluoride lady coming to our school every three months. She would give us a small cup of fluoride we had to gargle for two minutes, without laughing.

All toothpastes contained fluoride and most still do, even though it clear that it's not good for our overall-health, long term. It may have some benefits to the enamel, the outer layer of the teeth, but it also kills a lot of good bacteria we need in our mouth to start breaking down the food.

What we eat is really important to our dental health and that we brush our teeth at least twice a day, with a soft brush and a soft touch and at least I have switch to a fluoride free toothpaste. But, I'm not sure I dare to tell my mom...


Read more about fluoride in toothpaste here.

Watch a video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment