Monday 21 August 2023

Purpose of Life

Frankly! I have momentarily lost my life purpose. I few weeks ago Leya, my daughter, left to go to Sweden to study and even though I knew that day would come, it was heartbreaking.

When a child moves away from home, you loose a partner or a parent or a job, you have to reevaluate your whole existence and focus on something else that gives you meaning in life.

I've done some real soul searching the last couple of days and I just have to lift myself out of this hole of emptiness she left behind.

I decided to leave Kathmandu and go to Pokhara, a city about 200 km from Kathmandu, to change the scenery and give myself a change to do some proper thinking away from home.

On the bus it hit me. It was so simple. My new life purpose will be to spread joy or glädje, as we say in Swedish. The word glädje is so beautiful and just repeating the word to myself gives me joy.

If there is something we need more of in life it's joy and a smile takes you far, so now I'm giving myself a few days to practice true joy, from the bottom of my heart. Because I think we can exercise our thoughts, just like we exercise our muscles.

So, now I'm filling my empty hole with glädje and I hope it will spread to everyone who crosses my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment