Saturday 26 August 2023

Colours

When I grew up you were always asked about your favorite colour. Was it blue, green, red, yellow, pink or purple? Not many options to chose from from.

I didn't know what to reply when I was asked, but when I was a kid I wanted a green cousin. When I was 10, my first cousin was born and he wasn't green, but very much loved anyway.

As an adult I was introduced to the world of shades and there are so many. I love emerald and lime green, royal blue and hot pink, but most of all I love the green shades in nature.

If I have a super power, it's telling shades apart and it hurts my brain to see some colour combinations together.

Colours are energy wavelengths interpreted by our brain, so surround yourself with colours that make you feel good.

I can't imagine not seeing the world in colours and a dream of mine is to raise money to buy those special glasses for colour blind people here in Nepal.

Click here see an explanation about how the glasses actually work.

Click here to see some life changing moments when people see different colours for the first time. I always get teary-eyed when I watch clips like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment